Here at Nature’s Dream we are passionate about educating consumers in the safe use of hair colorants and how best to care for their hair. We have therefore worked with the following experts, renowned in their respective fields, to provide our customers with a variety of health and beauty information.
Sara Allison - Trichologist
Sara Allison is a qualified member of the Institute of Trichologists with 11 years experience in the industry. In addition to being a practicing Trichologist Sara has a background in women’s health, as well as extensive medical knowledge specialising in women’s hair and scalp concerns. Due to Sara’s respected position within the industry, her comments are frequently in the press and Naturtint are excited to announce that Sara is now part of Naturtint’s expert panel – providing useful advice, tips and support. Sara's one-on-one personal consultations focus on informative diagnosis, treatment, and counseling. More information can be obtained from Sara’s website www.hairlossconsultant.co.uk
Marc Ramos- Colour Consultant
Marc Ramos is one of London’s leading hair colourists, renowned for his creative, distinctive and timeless styles. Having coloured the locks of Lizzy Jagger, the Sugababes and countless others, Marc not only knows how to create unique and individual styles, but with over 10 years experience in the hairdressing industry, he also knows how to create colours to suit you, your wardrobe and your lifestyle as well. Browse through the video clips below for ideas and inspiration from Marc Ramos...
First time user of a home hair dye? Not sure how to carry out a skin test? Simply haven’t got a clue where to start?! Then click on the video clips below for step-by-step demonstrations on how to carry out the following;
- a skin test
- conduct a strand test
- prepare the colour
- apply the colour
If you are having problems viewing the video clips, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide written, step-by-step instructions. You can also read about how to conduct a skin and strand test by clicking on the following link; Sensitivity & Strand Tests
- Always, always be responsible and carry out a skin sensitivity and strand test before applying any colour.
- If you have roots, apply colour directly onto these roots and leave for the correct development time. Then simply take the colour through to the mid-lengths and ends for five to ten minutes to refresh your colour.
- Always remember that when you are colouring a high percentage of grey hair, add a natural base colour.
- Take your skin tone, eye colour, lifestyle and wardrobe into consideration when choosing a new shade to help avoid a colour disaster!
- Apply a thin layer of oil-based cream around the hairline to avoid staining the skin, taking care to avoid the actual hair, as this can prevent the colour from taking.